Saturday, October 31, 2009

A special Gift

Another busy week has come and gone (now I have a relaxing weekend ahead of me, and a long one at that!!) During the week I was able to give a handmade gift to the wonderful and super Special Leanne!! She's the sweetest lady who has been coming to our house every Wednesday to teach me how to knit!! I've loved EVERY minute and really wanted to give her something extra when it was her birthday (just this wed gone!) So this is what I made....
I attended a training in Hobart the other week and we were shown a sweet little tag box with butterflies in it (it's pictured in the USA catty a few times) Anyway I totally LOVED it and quickly jotted down the layout of how to make it, though this did NOT include any measurements or ANYTHING!!!
I was soooooo excited when I was able to work out the details for myself!! YAY!! (this coming from a visual girl, who really prefers to be shown how to make things, only have Picture recipe books cause I want to know what the finished product will look like he he!!)
Of course it had to have Leanne's favourite colour... Purple and Chocolate goes sooo great with that so I was off to work designing the little tags! I made an assortment for different occasions, whether birthday, or thank you and popped them all in their separate compartments and then in the fourth spot put extra ribbon to make up the tags (i just included a sample and left the rest to be done by Leanne!) What do you think??I am totally going to make some more, they're just soooo pretty and a wonderful gift to give!! Perhaps I can show you some step by step instructions - would you like that??
Well best get to the shower and start my day!! Thanks for popping over!
Smiles Sharnee :0)

Tag gift box
Set: Eastern elegance, Lovely Labels, Great friend & Dreams de Jour
Ink: Chocolate chip, Perfect plum and Lovely lilac
Card: Lovely lilac, Chocolate chip and Very vanilla
Acc: Perfect plum ribbon, twine, Kraft taffeta ribbon, wide chocolate ribbon, felt flower, silver brad and LOADS of punches!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharnee, yes please on the step-by-step!! Then I'll add this project to the list of things I desperately want to make but haven't had time for! Roll on Tues when I have just 1 bambino at home and can stamp 'til my heart's content - or 3:00, whichever comes first :)
love Carli

The Stampin Cupboard said...

Good Afternoon Sharnee,

I would also like to see step by step. I'm with you on the pictures LOL. I think its gorgeous and would love to make one for a dear friend of mine for christmas. What a nice personal idea
xxx

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Sharnee.. this is gorgeous. Isn't just a PERFECT gift. I took photos of the bits and pieces at the Perth regionals to make it up. How cool is it that you can make this little box from a piece of cardstock. I'm off to make one now for a Hens Party gift. Wish me luck.

xx Sarah