Friday, November 13, 2009

{Sharnee's} 12 Days of Christmas {day 4}

I have to say that I absolutely LOVE this card!!!
It was inspired by the very talented and super sweet Tina over at TravelingMama She has the most fabulous blog with such a variety of delights, craft, travel, creative writing and...well you just need to check it out for yourself, it's awesome!!!! Back in September she made a Christmas card using All in the Family, there was the most amazing arrange of paper in the background and some of this and some of that.... all of which I can't really remember now!! I did talk to Tina and asked for the link but she's taken it off for publication so I can't show you the original!! What I do know is that I loved it and so tried to re-create it for myself!!
Here's what I came up with....How much are you LOVING this Ski slope designer series paper!!! OHhhhh it makes me soo happy!! Especially this particular piece, the swirls and the patterns and the colours all together..... (yes I know it's only paper but a girl's allowed to get excited isn't she?? he he)
I just used my blender pen for this one and water coloured with the ink pads, other than a blush blossom crayon for her face and feet. Cut out the pressie and hat from the accessories set and glued them on! Of course that stunning red ribbon finishes it all off soooo wonderfully!!
Have a super duper day,
Smiles Sharnee :0)

P.S Don't forget to check out Art with Heart by Claire Daly, after all she is the lovely lady that inspired all this Christmas excitement!!! Her projects are amazing!! :0)

A gift for YOU!
Set: All in the Family & Family favourites
Ink: Chocolate chip, Baja breeze, Real red and Old olive
Card: Old olive, Chocolate chip and confetti white
Acc: Real red grosgrain ribbon, blender pens, crayon & Ski slope DSP

1 comment:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I love what you do with the 'All in the Family' set and you're so right about the ribbon; it looks superb with the DSP. Very cute. Keep those Christmas ideas rolling!