Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Just Add Ink Scrap #15 - Chalkboard technique and a sketch

 

I really like joining in on the JAI scrapping challenges that they hold every month! It's a great way to push me into doing at least one page a month which with 5 little treasures is a pretty fabbo thing to get done!!
For this month it is a sketch challenge.

As I'm going off on the whole "chalkboard" technique I wanted to make a page and show the 3 different ways I've found you can achieve this look.

1) You can either use white embossing powder like my Title "school"
2) Use a water-colour pencil and write directly onto the page or
3) Stamp with the white craft ink pad
Which is also the pad you use to sponge on the dusty chalkboard look!
This page is about my home schooled children, all there together, learning and growing and loving each other! You can see each of them, Sophia is holding Sapphire and those sweet little hands are Esther's! (this is the original, it cut some of Hannah and Esther off)
I'm super happy actually how this page turned out and found the sketch really cool!!


 

You'll note that there is a non stampin' up product in there, that ABC tape! I had to add this, love the alphabet and the fact that all my treasure's initials are covered in the letters. The DSP used is the Story time and the chair stamp is actually a retired set.
Well do check out the other great pages!! Thanks for popping in on mine!

2 comments:

Tina said...

What a fantastic way to use the DSP! I love your layout. THanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this month.

Ruthy said...

Love the chalkboard idea you've used here. Thanks for joining in this months JAI scrapbook challenge :-)