Thursday, March 14, 2013

Spot that Stamp Set-still addINKtive challenge


Spot that Stamp Set is the theme for the latest still addINKtive challenge blog and I was thrilled when I saw what stamp sets were in the spotlight as I just got my hands on the very lovely, much sort after combo Hearts a Flutter!! With the current rage being "chalkboard" I looked up a few tut's on the web and decided to give this fun looking technique a whirl!
SOOOO LOVE THE CHALKBOARD!!! Every day I enjoy greatly writing on our homeschool chalk board the date or something interesting for the children, so to do this on a card... well....I have to say that this really is a very fun, fabulous and sooo perfectly up my alley kind of technique!!
One of the reason's this set made it to the top of my wish list was the sample of it on page 11 in the Seasonal Mini. The cute little chalkboard frame gift idea! So with that as my inspiration I made this card.

I used the Framed Tulips boarder embossing folder for my "frame" then the chalkboard tech in the center, white water colour pencil in my handwriting for Dear Friend and Craft White ink pad sponged on to make it look like the rubbed out bits. The rest was done using the framelits and stamp set!
What do you think??? Have you tried this cool technique yet??
Make sure you pop on over to the still addINKtive site and be inspired to do some creating!!

4 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

So ... you discovered the chalkboard technique? Love the 'board' inside the embossed border and your choice of colours. Thanks for sharing your project with us at still addINKtive.

H2 :) said...

Oh, Sharnee, this is gorgeous! I love your handwritten sentiment & the tulip embossed frame is perfect. Thank you for sharing your sweet creation with us at still addINKtive. :)

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Simple and beautiful! I love the chalkboard technique too but what I love most about yours is that you hand wrote the sentiment! That is so special. Thank you so much for sharing with us at still addINKtive.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

The chalkboard technique looks great framed with the tulips folder! Thanks for posting with us this week at stillADDinktive!