Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Male Backyard Basics Card {get well soon}


 
One of our dear friends has recently been quite unwell and yesterday he had some treatment to get him back on track, which so I've found out went well! YAY!!! :)
I wanted to make him a get well soon card and with new products to play with I went with the brand new set and matching framelets "Backyard Basics." The bee and the bird and the butterfly and well, the WHOLE set are all sooooo lovely and I'm looking forward to playing with the images more.
My "guy" friend is an avid card maker too so it puts the pressure on a little (well quite a lot to be honest) and so my mind got thinking on something with a little more pizazz!!
  
I just recently ordered in the cardstock feel Vellum (LOVE) and so stamped the bee on that and then on a new fav of natural cardstock called "Naturals White" rolled it through the Big shot for the perfect cut out image and then with a blender pen washed over the Early espresso to blend the colour and give it depth. Grab the honeycomb (after all bee's love honey!!) embossing folder, cut it out in random ways, add some extra popped up ones, stamp a greeting (another new HOSTESS set, so versatile!!) and you have a Male get well soon card!!
 
What do you think? Have you ever made a Male get well soon card? Any tips on what you like to do??
With only a few more days of holidays left I'm hoping that my craft table sees a little more action before we're back to it next week!

2 comments:

KimB said...

Hey Sharnee :) Love your chopped up honeycomb background, provides that perfect texture element for a male card. Your bee is a lovely finishing touch. I'm a huge fan of vellum - so how could I not like a vellum bee ;) xxx

Anonymous said...

Hey Sharnee,
I love this card, the bee, the vellum wings and the honeycomb embossing. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.
Kim.