Monday, July 1, 2013

Perfectly Rustic's Challenge {new site} #1

My dear Friend Kim (from Wet chook productions) with her fabbo hubbie Colin (see him HERE) had been talking for awhile about getting a challenge site up and running! My wonderful group of Stampin' Up! demonstrator ladies (known as my other "family") is called Perfectly Rustics and so that's the name of this very new, (hugely exciting) challenge site!!!
Jayne, Kim and I are looking forward to creating and putting together lots of ideas and projects to get you inspired and wanting to craft right along with us!!
Even now I'm still in a bit of shock that it's actually happening, I'm designing for a challenge site...... YIPPEE!!!! WOW SOOOO cool!!!! I feel very honored to be asked by Kim to join in and I hope that you will join in too, on the fortnightly challenges that we come up with for you :)
So without further ado, here is my project for our very first challenge, It's a sketch by the very clever Kim that looks like this....
and now for my card that looks like this.....
I've been playing with the new colour combo's with the New Catty starting TODAY!!! (more excitement and Yippee's!!) This one is inspired from the Gingham Garden Suite with the combo of Daffodil delight, Island Indigo, Melon Mambo, Night of Navy, Pear Pizazz and Whisper White.
 
I've stamped the Pleasant Poppies in stazon and water-coloured the image with my Aqua pen, then adding some highlights with the corresponding markers. The sky background is done by first wetting the watercolour paper and then adding the ink, in this case Island Indigo.
Some of the new Washi tape (gingham garden) and the greeting from My friend stamp set and there you have it!
Make sure you check out the other fabbo design team's creations HERE and join in and show us what you can do with this sketch!
Can't wait to pop on over to leave some comment love, until then

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Gorgeous card, Sharnee, and congrats on the challenge site! Very exciting stuff :)

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Oh wow so exciting for you - congrats!
Hope all goes well with the new challenge blog and I'll try to make time to enter :)