Thursday, December 19, 2013

Scrap and Music: Sketch #17.... Like a Prayer

How about this very groovy sketch and some equally great words over at Scrap and Music at the moment! Well with some scrapping very much needed (it feels like AGES!!!) I got to it with the last few pages I needed for my 2014 calendar!! 
 

I had these totally wonderful pictures of Sapphire and Reuben (our little cousin) and Sarah my sister and I that will be just perfect for my "October" next year! Can't imagine just how much they will have grown in another year, so it will be really special to remember them at one! I just got some super sweet Valentine's gift bags so wanted to use them for sure! I'm also having sooo much fun with vellum and silver at the moment (with all my Christmas cards) and stars have ALWAYS been a fav for me!! SO here are some close ups of my page......
 I made this rose from THIS tut and then popped some crystal effects on the edges with my finger and sprinkled silver glitter on! The star row is made with the star die from the Thinlits circle pack!
 Here is the sweet little Valentine's gift bags..... I've popped some vellum inside for my journalling and topped it with the bakers twine! Those little silver splatters are with the stamp from Gorgeous grunge and the silver ink pad in the mini!
 My title "LIKE A CHILD" is words from the song "like a prayer" and the die here is the Tasteful trim which I've just edged the scallop one in real red and the other is cut with vellum.

I forget about the doilies sometimes, they are such a pretty embellishment and the soft blue buttons all make my page complete!

4 comments:

Bi Medeiros said...

I louve the small photos and the touches of red in your layout!

Sarah said...

Love the negative glittery stars and that envelope! thanks for joining us @Scrap&Music!

Tracy P said...

Great take on the sketch! Love how you incorporated your star negative strip into your layout. The smaller offset photos are a great idea. Thanks for joining in at Scrap & Music!

Nicole Doiron said...

Very pretty! Thank you for joining us at Scrap & Music!