Saturday, March 15, 2014

Scrap and Music #23 and Just Add ink #206


My super man is camping at the moment and with some "me" time this morning I was able to happily sit at my crafting desk and play along with some challenges!!! SOOO love Saturday mornings!! :)
I always love JAI and the fabbo sketches at Scrap and Music are a fav too so I decided this time to combine them both!! YAY! JAI is all about Sale-a-bration (so I used some of the freebie DSP and the fun coloured twine) while Scrap and Music have the coolest sketch and "Someone like You" song to go with it!!
I searched through the song lyric till I found the perfect words to work with my photo's (of my super man riding his bike) from our recent holiday!
Here is my page......
I sooo LOVE the look of the circles I've created! It's a new thing for me to try, KIM has been doing it for awhile, check it out HERE and I finally today gave it a go!! FUN!!! All I used was the base of my stampin' mist! EASY!

With the background details I actually rock n' rolled my stamp in both Smoky slate ink pad and then my black, stamped off and then stamped on the page. This gave it a much softer look as I didn't want it to be too over-powering! I also dabbed my chevron arrows in the black ink too to add some more grungy depth!  I'm super happy with the end result especially with the POP of colour from the Summer starfruit!
 
Awesome title (thanks to the song!) and you have a completed page!! Couldn't have picked a better way to start my Saturday morning!!

13 comments:

Tracy P said...

Very nice! Love your background details with the circles and stamping. Great touch with the pops of yellow. Awesome take on the sketch. Thanks for joining in with us at Scrap & Music!

Paula Dobson said...

Sharnee, this is an awesome scrap page! I love all the elements you have put together and the title is great! I also love the stips of SAB DSP across the top and bottom. No wonder you are pleased with this!! Thanks for playing at JAI ♥

Narelle Farrugia said...

What a fabulous grungy page you've created! I'm loving all the elements you've added! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

Anonymous said...

The close up's of this page really show all the elements well - I love how you have used the rope. Great background stamping too. Chantell JAI

Kim Butterworth said...

Love this page Sharnee! The colours are awesome and everything you have put on this page is working really well.

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

OHHH your layout is fantastic! I just adore how you've used the twine on this page.
Awesome entry for the Sale-a-bration challenge at JAI.

Trish
JAI Design Team

Lauren said...

Wow, this page is stunning! It is always difficult to find inspiration for masculine layouts but you have hit the nail on the head. Love your grungey elements and the pop of yellow.

KimB said...

Ooh I just love it Sharnee! I love the scrappy grungey details, especially the way you used the chevrons and twine. What a great way to start your weekend :)Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.xxx

Leigh Penner said...

Great layout! This looks fantastic!

Kareen Dion said...

I love it.

I love the black & white photo and all of it.

Beautiful work, thanks for joining us at Scrap & Music!

Nikki Spencer said...

Love your layout Sharnee! Love how you've grouped the pics and created such a lovely focal point. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

Christine Blain said...

Can I just say "WOW!!!"???!! This is just plain awesome, love. I really like the sense of movement created by the twine and chevrons, and anything 'boy' and 'grungy' is right up my alley - this ticks all the boxes! What a cool Dad those kids have got! LOL. Thanks for entering your fab-o layout in our challenge at Just Add Ink this week, Sharnee. x

Anonymous said...

absolutely stunning LO Sharnee!