Monday, October 19, 2015

Cards and Tags #2 - Sprinkles of Life & the Bokeh technique


 

Here is the second card and matching tag that I made in the last week for a very, sweet little girl. I went with the very versatile Sprinkles of Life stamp set, it even has a matching punch and is oozing with fabulous images and words only limited by your imagination!!
Way back when the catty was new, Sarah the new CEO of Stampin' Up! (Shellie's daughter) showed a wonderful way of water-colouring the ice-cream image to make it look more vintage style. She also added texture to her cone to give it more of a waffle look so that's what I did here too!
 
The background is done in the Bokeh technique, awesome videos HERE and HERE which I LOVE with the softness of the ice-cream! I recently taught this technique to my Paper Doll stamp club and they were thrilled with the WOW results!
The tag is simple with all the sparkle and fun from the card. Doesn't a bit of scallop trim just finish a project off?? One of my fav trims, must do it more again!
Well that's number 2 idea, one more to show you soon.....

No comments: