Thursday, August 29, 2013

Paper Dolls stamp club - DIY nest {july projects}


With August nearly over I thought I'd better show you last months Paper Doll projects I showed in my stamp clubs. I wanted to showcase the wonderful new Backyard Basics stamp set and have a play with the colour theme from the Soho Subway Suite.
For my first card I took the inspiration straight from Convention!! (sooo love their displays this year) Inside an old printer box they had made a nest similar to this one....

Then I wanted to do a male card (as they can sometimes be tricky) with the wonderful little bee. It was inspired by my get well soon card I made HERE with some tweaking!


To make the nest it's easy peasy, just cut thin strips of desired cardstock (I used early espresso) then roll into a ball-like you are making chocolate balls then spread out a little till you're happy with the size!

 
 
I put LOTS of sticky strip on the card itself and then stick down the "nest" to that!! If you have some fly away pieces then just snip them till you're happy!!!
What do you think?? Let me know if you give it a go, I'd love to see!!

3 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

These cards are fantastic. I LOVE the cute bird's nest you made from paper. It's pinned!

Amy @ the happy nest said...

Love the bird card, Sharnee! The nest is so sweet, and the delicate image behind it is adorable. Gorgeous!

AJ said...

Lovely, lovely Sharnee - your comments always make me smile and I'm here to return the sunshine you bring to me when you pop by my blog ... I feel so inspired - I'm certainly going to give this technique a go. Very clever. I'm off to check of your perfectly rustics challenge now ... looks gorgeous.